What is it about?
- Does the information answers your question?
- Facts are relevant? 3 facts.
Who is the author?
- Is the author an expert?
- Can you find out information about the author? A biography?
When was the information created/updated?
- Update to date: technology, news, data & trends?
Where does the information come from?
- Where can I look for the sponsor?
Why is this page better that others?
- Why should I use this information?
- Why does the author write this? To sell? To advertise? To give information?
Year 5 - evaluate one of these resource with 5W
Flying Penguins - ACTUAL FOOTAGE FROM THE BBC
Uploaded on Youtube in 2008
Aye, T. (2018). Welsh Dragon successfully hatched at Bangor University. The Bangor Aye. Retrieved 15 April 2018, from http://www.thebangoraye.com/welsh-dragon-successfully-hatched-bangor-university/
Otto, A. (2011) TechieTeacher5280. Retrieved November 4, 2015, from http://techieteacher5280.blogspot.hk/2011/12/evaluating-websites.html
Schrock, K. (2015). Kathy Schrock’s guide to everything. Retrieved November 8, 2015, from http://www.kathyschrock.net/
Satia. (2015). 365 Days of Wonder by R J Palacio. Satiasreviews.blogspot.hk. Retrieved 27 January 2018, from http://satiasreviews.blogspot.hk/2015/02/365-days-of-wonder-by-r-j-palacio.html
University of California, Berkeley Libraries. B.5.6. - evaluating sources of information: Writing skills for child welfare social workers. Retrieved November 23, 2016, from https://bcourses.berkeley.edu/courses/1357555/pages/b-dot-5-6-evaluating-sources-of-information?module_item_id=13261241