- Gathering information from primary or secondary sources.
- Record information - MTR grid.
1. Search on Britannica Elementary or the Internet: Kidrex or Kiddle
2. Skim and scan for information - Find one or two websites online and fill in your research MTR grid.
Based on the websites you found, evaluate if information is useful.
- Use ABC evaluation criteria
Includes internet however it also includes books, television, newspapers, journals, maps, magazines, music, radio and more.
Gathering from a broader population of people with vested interest in the topic or the general or targeted groups.
Finding out from an expert. With interviews you often hear information that hasn’t even arrived in the mass media.
Observation & Experience
Drawing from past or present opportunities for immersion in the topic in a myriad of ways
advertisement, pop-ups, ask to join, personal information, side-tracked
Example to show how to do it: time at 3:00-