Go to: Google Drive > Library folder > Year 5 Research MTR and evaluation
Research connected to a place of interest that they would like to plan an exploration for their family and friends.
Where would you go? Country, city, sports, or special food you want to try
What are the attractions?
When are the opening hours of these attractions?
If you had been to the place before and you will go again, find out new things that you would like to try.
Year 5 - WWAIPAT: Exploration
- Use some skills successful explorer used (observation)
- Plan thinking about others perspectives
- Learning something new/discover the unknown
- Keep ourselves and others safe
- Manage our time well
- Be prepared / organised with resources
- Communicate respectfully
Lesson 1 & 2: Research Cycle - Locate and Select
1. Search with keywords
2. Skim and scan for information
- Find one website online and fill in your research google doc.
- Choose one from the teacher suggested websites (if applicable).
Based on the websites you found, evaluate if information is useful.
- Use ABC evaluation criteria
If you have nothing found in your research, you need to evaluation this website.
Includes internet however it also includes books, television, newspapers, journals, maps, magazines, music, radio and more.
Gathering from a broader population of people with vested interest in the topic or the general or targeted groups.
Finding out from an expert. With interviews you often hear information that hasn’t even arrived in the mass media.
Observation & Experience
Drawing from past or present opportunities for immersion in the topic in a myriad of ways
Explore Hong Kong